A natural next step when your child transitions from the MESA infant car seat, the KNOX provides a rear-facing and forwarding-facing solution that accommodates a growing baby and toddler. The KNOX is packed with unique safety innovations and new features that provide a more robust fit in your vehicle.
Koroyd® Technology – Developed from aerospace safety research, innovated for action spoand now built into the base of the KNOX car seat – a juvenile industry first - Koroyd provides more advanced impact protection. The welded tube structure crumples instantly and consistently on impact, absorbing maximum force in a controlled manner to minimize energy transfer to the child.
SMARTSecure™ System – Safety you can see. This unique technology utilizes a tightness indicator and robust tensioning clips to provide a visual confirmation of correct install each and every time.
Multi-Directional Tether – An industry first, the Multi-Directional Tether reduces seat rotation and stress on the child’s head and neck in the event of impact. When used in rear-facing mode, the Multi-Directional Tether reduces crash forces by 45%* (*2020 results from crash testing conducted at independent labs in U.S. and Canada).
Energy Response Technology – A family of features designed to protect and provide unparalleled side impact protection including:
- Active Support Headrest - Utilizing the absorption and recovery properties of specialized foams, the KNOX headrest provides advanced side impact protection around the child’s head and neck and adjusts to ensure correct positioning as your child grows.
- Side Impact Pods - Located on the side of the shell and always engaged, the pods absorb and deflect crash forces in the event of a side impact crash.
- Impact Dispersion Zone - EPP foam strategically placed between the inner and outer shell absorbs crash forces, further protecting the child.
New features that provide a more robust fit in vehicles include;
- Recline Indicator – Labeling system provides clear instructions on what positions are acceptable for Rear-Facing and Forward-Facing mode.
- Two-Piece Fit Inlay – Inlay allows for flexibility and proper fit in the harness system.
- Wider Base – Increased in size to help with stability while installed in a vehicle.
Rear-facing convertible from 14 – 65 lbs.
Fit inlay required rear-facing from 14 – 25 lbs.
Forward-facing convertible from 25 – 65 lbs.